You can't create ground-breaking games without engaging in serious research. There's research happening at Aventurine every day but the company also participates in formal research initiatives in order to benefit from the collaborative research networks supported by European Union Frameworks. The following are some examples of what we've been doing so far:
- Aventurine received development grants for Darkfall Online by the Hellenic Ministry of Development related to law 3299/2004 (Private Investment for Economic Growth and Regional Convergence)
- The project "Development, Marketing and Distribution of the Subscription-Based Online Game Darkfall" was funded by the Information Society under Measure 4.3 "Advanced telecommunications services for the citizen", for the the Action "Funding of Enterprises for Implementation of Advanced Broadband Services".
- The Hellenic Secretariat of Research and Technology funded our research proposal for the design and development of next generation 3D engine technologies.
- Partner in a joint research proposal on Virtual Collaborative Environments with the University of Dublin, MIT's MediaLab Europe, Siemens, Fraunhofer-Gesellshcaft, and SINTEF Telecom and Informatics, under the EU Sixth Framework Programme's e-Inclusion research initiative.
- Partner in a joint research proposal on the development, validation and promotion of a standard file format designed to support the efficient reuse of 3D data. Other partners include the Politecnico di Torino, Samtech Group, GiugaroSPA, CSA Spain, University of Dresden, Octaga, Living Solids, Instituto Technologico de Catilla y Leon. The research was part of the EU's Specific Targeted Research Projects.
- Ongoing remote sensing research projects in cooperation with Biruni Remote Sensing Center.